Mon, 1 Apr 2019 17:00:00 AST
Kevin and Kaarina discuss Meet Me on the Barricades, a 1938 novel by Charles Yale Harrison about a big-dreaming oboe player with a passionate but passive interest in the Spanish Civil War.
In a bonus track, Kevin and Kaarina read an excerpt from Meet Me on the Barricades.
- Meet Me on the Barricades, available as a new scholarly edition
- Ten Days that Shook the World by journalist John Reed
- Jews Without Money by Mike Gold
- Generals Die in Bed by Charles Yale Harrison (available online)
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
- Ulysses by James Joyce
- "The Waste Land" by T.S Eliot
Produced by Kaarina Mikalson and Kevin Levangie; Supported by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council; Theme Music: "Libertad" by Iriarte and Pesoa